5 Benefits of Adding an Island to Your Kitchen Design
Kitchen islands can be a wonderful way to not only add space to your kitchen but also a great opportunity to design something aesthetically pleasing. If you enjoy cooking, entertaining or just like to spend time with family and friends, an island may enhance your kitchen. I’m going to outline five benefits of having an island added or built into your kitchen design.
- One of the most obvious benefits would probably be the added counter space a kitchen island offers. If you enjoy cooking or perhaps your new year’s resolution is to eat well, the extra space will help with your meal preparation. Some may find adding a small prep sink to their island will help with this.
- Along with adding more counter space, the island will also add space you can use to place extra appliances. Perhaps your current appliances take up too much room on your other counter tops causing clutter. You could put your dishwasher or the trash compactor that you’ve always wanted on the island, and maybe a fancy smoothie maker to help you eat better.
- If you already have all your necessary appliances on your current counter tops, the extra space could be used for storage. Extra pots and pans, special occasion cookware and other miscellaneous cooking items could be stored in large cupboards in the island.
- If you’re into accessorizing and have a passion for designing something pleasing to the eye, an island can be a fantastic way to showcase this. Islands can be designed in different shapes, sizes, colors and materials to fit to your needs and wants. Whether you like granite or something more natural like wood, the possibilities are endless.
- Last but not least, adding an island to your kitchen can improve your family’s communication and boost your hosting or entertaining skills. An island is a great area to socialize and communicate without all the noise of televisions and computers that the living room may bring. You can also add seating to your island for comfort and convenience. This may help you make the time to sit down and enjoy breakfast, the most important meal of the day!
An island can help improve your kitchen’s functionality while making use of the space you have. Whether you’re thinking of adding one to your current kitchen, or you are completely remodeling, a kitchen island may make you and your family’s life easier.
Our family has been working with families like yours for over 58 years. And it is important to us that everyone works together to create the best possible experience. If you have questions about your home improvement project please let us know. https://www.almarbuilding.com (781-826-2577) and watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/almarbuilding.com
Almar Building & Remodeling Co (Hanover Ma). As a third generation family owned and operated company for over 50 years Almar Building has all the benefits of a small company with the options of a larger company. From Additions, Kitchens, Bathroom, Basement Renovations, Siding, Windows, to Doors Almar services the entire South Shore of Massachusetts including: Hanover, Hingham, Pembroke, Norwell, Scituate, Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanson, Abington, Rockland, Holbrook, Braintree, Weymouth, Milton, and many more towns. 5 Benefits of Adding an Island to Your Kitchen Design