How Can I Keep a Composite Deck Looking Good?
Our clients love composite decking like Azek by Timbertech because it is low maintenance, easy to clean and last a long time. Be care not to mistake “low-maintenance” with no-maintenance” everything needs some level of TLC.
Here are a few things to keep in mind to keep your composite deck in good shape.
- Even composite decks need a good cleaning every now and then.
- You can wash down your decking in about 10 minutes depending on the size. Be sure to check you care and cleaning information so you use a product that is safe for which ever composite brand you have.
- Wash periodically with ordinary household products to remove dirt and debris.
- Avoid the use of mats, tarps, pool toys, and other non-porous items on the deck for any extended period of time as these items may cause discoloration.
- Some products containing chemical like sunscreen, bug spray and insect repellent may alter the surface of the decking if they come in contact. So be sure to check product labels and limit contact.
- Watch what you use for ice removal on the decking. Products containing calcium chloride may leave a white residue on the deck. Using a shovel may leave scratch marks.
- Don’t allow dust, dirt and debris to sit on the deck surface.
no images were found
If you are considering a composite deck our team at Almar can help you find a product that fits your specific needs. Our team has been working with families like yours for over 60 years. And it is important to us that everyone works together to create the best possible experience. If you have questions about your home improvement project please let us know. https://www.almarbuilding.com (781-826-2577) and watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/almarbuilding.com