Are Your Windows Dressed For Public Viewing?
By: Inspiring Windows, Hanover Ma
The choices are many in window treatments. Whether you cover or dress your windows will make all the difference to the direction your search takes you. When you choose to dress your windows you need to look for a professional who focuses on window coverings be they blinds, shades, screens, shutters, curtains, draperies, valances and the list goes on.
Although many people don’t always consider the importance their windows have in the overall look and feel of your home or business, we recommend you keep these in mind:
- Does the window coverings professional have a good reputation, how many years have they been in the business and how knowledgeable are they on the products they carry?
- Are references available to you?
- Is there a storefront where you can view the products you are considering.
- Can you easily understand the features and benefits, say shades versus curtains?
- Are you being sold to or does the salesperson understand your vision or needs?
- How many valuable options are offered that fulfill your needs?
- Does the company/showroom reflect want?
- Does the company have flexible hours that work with your schedule?
- Is the staff at the showroom friendly, enthusiastic, polite and able to listen to your needs and are they interested in you and how they can best assist you in creating your dream space?
- Do you understand the process required to dress your windows, beginning with the expected completion of the project, obtaining a quote, what’s included in the quote, ordering, payment, installation and warranties?
These are a few things to keep in mind when you choose to work with a window coverings specialist. There are also many factors that are dependent upon you, the client.
- Are you clear about the look, feel and function required of the window covering?
- Have you decided if you want shades, blinds? Or do you want a fabric curtain, drape or both?
- Is the window covering being the focal point in the room or do want it to blend and look as if it’s a part of your window?
- Do you have a specific budget or are you flexible?
- Do you want a particular style for your window covering or are you looking for inspiration in the fabric choices?
These steps can sometimes feel overwhelming and you may not know where to begin. When you work with Inspiring Windows we walk you through each step so that you are able to understand your options, make an informed decision, and obtain the look and feel that fits your lifestyle while at the same time saving yourself time and effort and staying on budget.
Thank you to our friends from the Dream Home Alliance: Inspring Windows for contributing to the Almar Blog. Inspiring Windows is another family owned and operated company. Tina Sousa-Vieira and Teresa Tavares, sisters better known as your Design Guides, Tina and Teresa bring complementary skills and backgrounds to Inspiring Windows. Their mission is to provide a quality design and seamless implementation to clients; always on budget, on time, and with a friendly and thoughtful approach. You’ll remember working with Tina and Teresa and seek them out time and again for each and every design project.
Their showroom is right next to the Almar office at 1112 Washington St. Hanover Ma 02339 781-924-5399