Hingham: Bathroom Remodel Planning Tips
Nothing dates a house more quickly than a bathroom that time has forgotten. Yet drab or outdated bathrooms can be dramatically revitalized. Bath products abound that can give you as lavish a bathroom as you could possibly want. Many homeowners’ want their bathrooms to be totally utilitarian, but others want rooms in which to pamper themselves.
How about you?
Your answer, and your budget, will determine the best way to tackle you remodel. Do you want to work within the existing space of your current bathroom? Do you want to expand by taking room from somewhere else? Would you rather build and addition to accommodate your new bath? These are just a few options, which vary greatly in cost.
Let’s start with an analysis of your existing bathroom:
- What is the condition of the sink, toilet, and tub/shower? Are you ready to update your look? If your tub is basically sound, consider re glazing it. However, many homeowners are moving to whirlpool style tubs, or tile walk in shower.
- Does the sink have vanity for storage? Do you need storage?
- Think about reinforcing the walls, adding grab bars, and widening doors for visitors with physical disabilities or for your later years.
- Is your medicine cabinet small and outdated? Consider the various styles of new cabinets, perhaps with recessed or decorative lighting, or just a mirror.
- How is the tile?
- If the old window is in rough shape it may be best to replace it with new vinyl windows.
- Many older bathrooms don’t have adequate ventilation. To be compliant with current building codes you may need to add a fan. Fans can help reduce moisture build-up, which can deteriorate materials and promote the growth of mold and mildew.
- Are electrical outlets a problem? Face it, the number of electrical appliances we use in our daily rituals has multiplied since the time many house were built. New and replacement ones should be protected ground fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) outlets that are made to shut off automatically when they sense water.
- Other great options to consider include:
- Radiant Heat Flooring
- Glass Shower Door
- Blue tooth Shower head
Today’s bathroom can be all you want it to be. Enjoy the opportunity to explore the variety of materials,
styles, and colors available to you. In the end, you’ll have a well-designed bathroom that functions as beautifully as it looks.
Our family has been working with families like yours for over 57 years. And it is important to us that everyone works together to create the best possible experience. If you have questions about your home improvement project please let us know. https://www.almarbuilding.com (781-826-2577) and watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/almarbuilding.com
Almar Building & Remodeling Co (Hanover Ma). As a third generation family owned and operated company for over 57 years Almar Building has all the benefits of a small company with the options of a larger company. From Additions, Kitchens, Bathroom, Basement Renovations, Siding, Windows, to Doors Almar services the entire South Shore of Massachusetts including: Hanover, Hingham, Pembroke, Norwell, Scituate, Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanson, Abington, Rockland, Holbrook, Braintree, Weymouth, Milton, and many more towns.