Typical Duration of a roofing project
Your home is one of the most important things in your life. Maintenance and remodeling can keep it running well and fit your lifestyle for a long time to come. But lots of homeowners are unsure about the Remodeling process – what to do, who to trust and what to ask. Planning a renovation no matter how small takes time, and once you have decided you are ready to move you want your roof repaired now. But you should take into consideration a few things as part of your planning process.
- A project will typically start about 2-6 weeks from contract signing.
- During this time: materials to be ordered and delivered, scheduling, and weather all come into play when waiting for your project to start.
- Once started, a roofing job should not be interrupted for any reason other than weather.
- However, if a problem does arise, it could be necessary to halt the work to negotiate a change in the contract.
- Most professional contracts will have already anticipated problems, such as hidden rot for example.
- With no problems or complications, small jobs can be finished in a day or two; a large complex project usually lasts a week or more.
- All weather effects getting the job done.
- Imagine trying to stand on a tall, slippery roof. Now imagine a carpenter trying to work on a tall, slippery roof.
- Bad weather and extreme temperatures can interrupt or postpone projects. The workers safety is always the first consideration. Wet, windy, and icy weather present dangers working on a roof. Shingles can be affected by extreme temperatures, too. Cold weather will delay activation of the sealant.
So as you are starting to plan for your roof replacement (or any other type of work on your home) you should talk to you contract about what to expect, what can delay the project, and what questions you haven’t thought to ask yet. And please be sure to check out our other posts for more good information to consider and questions to ask when planning your next project.
If you have questions about Home Improvement projects please let our team know. Our team has been working with families like yours for over 57 years. And it is important to us that everyone works together to create the best possible experience. If you have questions about your home improvement project please let us know. https://www.almarbuilding.com (781-826-2577) and watch our videos at http://www.youtube.com/almarbuilding.com
Almar Building & Remodeling Co (Hanover Ma). As a third generation family owned and operated company for over 57 years Almar Building has all the benefits of a small company with the options of a larger company. From Additions, Kitchens, Bathroom, Basement Renovations, Siding, Windows, to Doors Almar services the entire South Shore of Massachusetts including: Hanover, Hingham, Pembroke, Norwell, Scituate, Cohasset, Duxbury, Hanson, Abington, Rockland, Holbrook, Braintree, Weymouth, Milton, and many more towns.