A Homeowners Guide to Siding Choices
Siding is an important decision for homeowners on the South Shore of Massachusetts. Your siding choices impact the curb appeal of your home and provide protection from the elements. Here’s a guide to help you choose the best siding options for your home, when to side your home, and when to reach out to us.
- Vinyl Siding – Vinyl siding is a popular choice due to its affordability, durability, and low maintenance requirements. It’s also available in a variety of colors and textures, making it easy to find a look that matches your home.
- Fiber Cement Siding – Fiber cement siding is a high-quality option that mimics the look of natural wood but without the maintenance required. It’s also fire-resistant and pest-resistant, making it a good choice for the South Shore’s unpredictable weather.
- Cedar Siding – Cedar siding is a beautiful option that gives your home a classic, rustic look. It’s also highly durable and resistant to insects and rotting. However, it does require regular maintenance to keep it looking its best.
- Wood Siding – Wood siding is a classic choice that can give your home a warm and inviting look. It’s also highly customizable, with a range of colors and textures available. However, it’s more susceptible to damage from insects and weather, requiring more maintenance than some other options.
- Certainteed is a well-known manufacturer of vinyl siding. Their vinyl siding comes in a variety of styles and colors and is known for being affordable, low maintenance, and energy efficient. Link: https://www.certainteed.com/siding/vinyl-siding/
- Azek is a manufacturer of composite siding made from a blend of engineered materials. This option is highly durable, low maintenance, and resistant to moisture and pests. Azek siding is available in a variety of styles and colors.
- Link: https://azekexteriors.com/products/siding
When to Side Your Home
The best time to side your home in Massachusetts is during the warmer months, from late spring to early fall. This is when the weather is most predictable and stable, making it easier for contractors to work efficiently and effectively. It’s also important to consider the age and condition of your current siding. If it’s in disrepair, it’s best to replace it sooner rather than later to prevent further damage to your home.
When to Reach Out to a Contractor
If you’re considering siding your home and siding choices, it’s a good idea to reach out to a contractor for an assessment and estimate. This will help you understand the costs and timeline of the project, as well as give you an opportunity to ask questions and discuss your options. It’s best to reach out to a contractor in the early spring or late fall to avoid the busy summer months and ensure that your project can be completed in a timely manner.
Remember, siding is an important investment in your home. Take the time to consider your options and reach out to a professional contractor to ensure that your home is protected and looks its best for years to come. Contact us today for siding and residing renovations and options, at 781-826-2577.